Privacy and cookies policy
Photofoundation Ltd (we, us) are committed to protecting your privacy.
This privacy and cookies policy (Privacy & Cookies Policy) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through your use of photofoundation will be processed by us.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy should be read in conjunction with our Terms of Service.Our legal status under UK data protection law is that of a "data controller" and in this capacity we will securely store and process your personal information which you have provided to us. "Data controller" is a legal term used in the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) to signify the person who controls what to do with any given personal information.
Please read this Privacy & Cookies Policy carefully to understand how we will process your personal
information. By using photofoundation, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate. We may make changes to this Privacy & Cookies Policy from time to time. Any changes made will be posted on this page. Upon publication, each change will become effective
and your continued use of photofoundation after this time will be deemed acceptance of the change.
Application of these Terms
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on photofoundation. This includes information provided at the time of registering with us, contributing images, licensing images or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with photofoundation;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of transactions you carry out through photofoundation and of the fulfilment of your
- Details of your visits to photofoundation and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and registered charities. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
cookie name to store session key.
However, photofoundation.org renames
this to SESS+md5 hash of the session
name For example, Drupal.org has
for cookie name.
Image licence granted by you
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers in the United Kingdom. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy & Cookies Policy.You acknowledge that we shall be entitled to:
How We Use Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To process any transactions you carry out through photofoundation;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- To contact you in response to your requests or to notify you of updates or other news relating to photofoundation or our services.
We may also disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of photofoundation in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other photofoundation information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
We will not use your personal data for marketing purposes without your express prior consent. Except as otherwise provided in this Privacy & Cookies Policy, we shall only disclose your personal data to third parties where:
- A third party is appointed by us to assist in the provision of a service to you or the processing of any transactions you carry out through photofoundation;
- Disclosure is necessary to fulfill existing obligations towards, or assert and enforce claims against, you; or where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us via the contact email address below.
photofoundation may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookies policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy & Cookies Policy are welcomed and should
be addressed to [email protected]